We know what you’re thinking, “Oh, boy, another list!” But this one is good. Spotting trends in brand marketing is a bit of a crapshoot, and generally speaking, only a handful of so-called experts are able to point towards those that become ubiquitous. At Spyglass our clients range from education to healthcare, business travel to banking, law firms to innovative new medical products, and virtually across the board, certain trends have continued to remain important. Here are several that particularly resonate with us as we move into Q2 of 2016.
- First and foremost, every conversation needs to primarily be about your customer, not you. You need to listen more than you talk.
- Everyone at your organization must be a fluent brand ambassador.
- Marketing and sales have to be connected at the hip.
- Social media is rarely a strategy and mostly a channel.
- Marketing departments need to embrace big data.
- The mobile experience is now table stakes.
- Virtual reality is coming and you need to get ready for it.
- Relevant content is hard to produce, but essential.
- And finally, ever-increasingly, clients want to see data before, during, and after any campaign or new marketing effort because they want and deserve ROI.
OK, take a deep breath and read a more complete list here.
He’s a true patriot. And don’t ask to see his birth certificate. He was born in Bedlam, Minnesota to working class parents. His father was an artist/writer and his mother was a piano teacher, but due to the enormity of his hands, he had a difficult time mastering Chopin. As his overarching political platform and agenda continues to take shape, there are a few things he’s adamant about. Though he is loosely affiliated with the Surprise Party, he also stands for some simple things we can all believe in:
- No Nude Taxes
- Two-For-One Tuesdays
- Three-Day Weekends
- Four-Pack Abs
- 5x the Fun
- Free Coffee Fridays
- Bolder Brand Strategies
- Better Creative for All
Big Orange Yeti has a platform, but what he really needs now is a campaign slogan. Please submit your suggestions in six words or less to the Spyglass Facebook page or email email@example.com. Big Orange Yeti and our nation thank you.
This is a pretty cool new invention. For those who do their best thinking freehand, you now have a way to eliminate redrawing or scanning to post, send, share or display your brilliant doodle to the masses that matter most to you. It’s called Pen+ and it uses a Bluetooth connection to digitize everything you write or draw on a paper tablet. All in near real time. There’s even a shortcut to automatically email your hand-drawn thinking with a simple touch.