Whether it’s a mocktail or a cocktail – it’s all about taste.
When the summer heat hits, there’s nothing we like better than spending time outdoors with family, friends and clients with a cool beverage in hand. To inspire your own gatherings, here are two delicious elixirs that can elevate any get-together.
These drinks were originally crafted and tested at the first annual Loring Alley Live in May. Each concoction passed the “guest test” and brings something very delicious and different to the table.
1 oz la Luna Cupreata mezcal
- Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker halfway with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour the contents of the shaker into a glass, including the ice
- Garnish with a half lime wheel
2 large slices lime, quartered
3-4 large mint leaves
2-3 large basil leaves
1 ounce simple syrup
2 to 3 ounces seltzer
Cucumber and lime slice, for garnish
optional: 2 ounces gin
- In a cocktail shaker, add the cucumber, lime, basil, mint and simple syrup.
- Muddle well.
- Fill the shaker with ice, and shake. (Add gin if desired.)
- Strain your drink into your favorite lowball glass filled with ice, then top off with seltzer.
- Garnish with cucumber & lime.